Childs Vision Charity Beachathon and Family Walk:
RUN OR WALK FOR LOCAL CHILDREN WITH LIFE THREATENING ILLNESS LIKE
- Brain Tumours
- Cystic Fybrosis
- Conversion Disorder
WELCOME: Runners, friends, families and kids.
- Date: Sunday 3th August 2013 Start Time: 10.00am
- Start Location: Kurrawa Surf Club, Broadbeach
- Turn around Point: GoldCoast Seaway, Near Main Beach Jetty
- Finish Location: Kurrawa Surf Club, Broadbeach
PRIZES AND REWARDS
HILTON HOTEL BONUS PRIZES
This can be achieved by contacting all your friends and getting them to sponsor you by donating to the cause. EG BBQ, Party, Facebook your friends, text them, your social clubs, getting everyone at work involved in supporting you by donating. Make it fun and Win the HILTON Prize.
Individual Bonus Prize
- The individual to personally raise the most funds will receive a two night stay for 2 guests at the Hilton Hotel of their choice within Australia.
Team Bonus Prize
- The Team of 5 that’s raises the most funds by participating or by separate fundraising events that sponsor their run will each receive a two night stay for 2 guests at the Hilton Hotel of their choice within Australia.
The race starts in front of the Kurrawa Surf Club, Broadbeach. There is ample free parking along the beach and in broadbeach, to save on cars group up.
The "tented area" will be situated next to the surf club. There you will find registration, live music, the massage tent and race shop in case you arrive without anything or simply fancy browsing their wares whilst your partner races. They have been hugely supportive of this event – please show your support to them. Every competitor receives a medal at the end of the race – so you can proud to support your local comunity. display it!
Race marshalls and officials will be identifiable by their fluorescent jackets – they will be linked up with walkie talkies.
Ambulance crew will be in attendance at the race and will be located here as well.
The course will have water stations on the route. Lucozade Sport and Mt Warning water will be available at the finish line for purchase.
The main beach pier café will have drinks if you urgently need it at the turn around point. The surf club will be open for refreshments and I would encourage you to buy your food and drink here.The surf club has been hugely supportive of this event so we would like to offer our support in return.
Free public toilets are located directly opposite the beach near the surf club.
Please place your sticker on your shirt with your number on it. We will be timing and placing people – your race number sticker MUST be attached to the front of your T shirt provided at registration.